We advise the world’s most prominent Internet providers on their rights and responsibilities in responding to requests for subscriber information by law enforcement, criminal defendants, and civil litigants. Not only do we have thought leaders who have published articles, taught law school courses, and trained state, federal, and international law enforcement on laws related to lawful access to subscriber data, we litigate ECPA issues every day.
We also have in-house and outside counsel expertise in developing subpoena compliance programs. Whether it is CALEA, ECPA, FISA or RIPA we can assist. Likewise, if you need to refer a case to law enforcement, we can help you do so in the most effective manner. Our clients rely on our knowledge of the justice system and in-house compliance organizations.
We help clients:
- Create and implement consistent policies, review individual legal process, interface with law enforcement.
- Manage compliance-related litigation involving motions to compel, motions to quash, and motions for protective orders.
- Coordinate with clients on privacy, security, customer service, tool development, public policy, and policy development.
- Develop and ensure consistent implementation of global and U.S. law enforcement compliance principles, policies, and procedures that allow clients to properly address laws including surveillance laws, blocking statutes, and data retention.
- Represent clients before key external constituencies including law enforcement entities, other government agencies, congressional bodies, and other industry lead groups.
- Create transparency reports and auditing compliance files.
- Draft internal and external-facing law enforcement guides.