We advise the world’s most prominent tech companies on their rights and responsibilities in responding to requests for user information by law enforcement, criminal defendants, and civil litigants.
Not only do we have thought leaders who have published articles, taught courses, and trained state, federal, and international law enforcement on laws related to lawful access to subscriber data, we handle ECPA issues every day.
We also have in-house and outside counsel expertise in developing subpoena compliance programs and playbooks. Whether it is CALEA, ECPA, FISA or RIPA, we can assist. Likewise, if you need to refer a case to law enforcement, we can help you do so in the most effective manner. Our clients rely on our detailed knowledge of the justice system, our relationships with law enforcement and our experience working with in-house law enforcement response teams.
We help clients:
- Create and implement consistent policies, review individual legal process, and interface with law enforcement.
- Manage compliance-related litigation involving motions to compel, motions to quash, and motions for protective orders.
- Coordinate with clients on privacy, security, customer service, tool development, public policy, and policy development.
- Develop and ensure consistent implementation of global and U.S. law enforcement compliance principles, policies, and procedures that allow clients to properly address laws including surveillance laws, blocking statutes, and data retention.
- Represent clients before key external constituencies including law enforcement entities, other government agencies, congressional bodies, and other industry groups.
- Challenge the adequacy of law enforcement process and non-disclosure orders.
- Create transparency reports and audit compliance files.