The market and the boundaries for sports betting, skill gaming, and fantasy sports, continues to expand exponentially. We understand that preserving a sustained, rich user experience can be as important as licensing, legal opinions, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
We have skillfully guided several of the most prominent names in the gaming and gambling industry in critical legal matters, providing them with a full range of services, including:
- Providing legal opinions and memos on the legality of operations in various jurisdictions, including counseling real-money games on compliance with state and federal gambling laws.
- Analyzing the Wire Act, the UIGEA, and the applicability to other federal and state laws to gaming design and architecture.
- Leading licensing efforts before state regulatory boards, including for sports betting and i-gaming.
- Defending clients in regulatory inquiries and suits, including class actions by players raising challenges to game practices.
- Counseling on the legality of ancillary game technologies, including those related to games of skill, online gambling, marketing, behavioral advertising, fraud detection, and chat monitoring.
- Suing or taking creative, non-traditional enforcement actions against hackers, cheats, in-game spammers, RMT sellers, and others who disrupt the game experience.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, and anti-piracy programs consistent with state and federal regulations.
- Developing game rules and dispute mechanism procedures.
Gaming Licensing Services
ZG Gaming Solutions, our affiliate company, is a specialized service provider that handles the complexity of gaming licensing for operators, executives, service providers, and investors. ZG Gaming has a deep familiarity with licensing processes related to sports betting, i-gaming, and fantasy sports. Their mission is to make the state-by-state licensing process as easy as possible for everyone involved.Learn more at zggamingsolutions.com