We are looking for an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist for our New York office. This position blends traditional Administrative Assistant and Receptionist responsibilities in a legal environment. We are a boutique law firm with high-tech clients and are looking for a self-starter, with the flexibility to handle a wide variety of tasks. This position requires a professional, highly motivated, organized individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively. We offer opportunities for hardworking individuals to acquire new experience and to learn and understand the practice of law from the small law firm perspective. We also offer opportunities for growth and promotion.
Essential Job Functions
The ideal candidate will possess both a high school diploma and a college degree or substantial completion of a college degree, with at least one year of office experience. This is a full-time position that rarely requires overtime although the candidate must be willing to occasionally work extra hours. The candidate should possess a varied skill set including, but not limited to, strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to multi-task and coordinate numerous tasks concurrently; and a forward-thinking approach with the ability to practically and creatively handle tasks. Strong attention to detail and the ability to learn new software and tasks quickly is imperative. Acute proofreading skills are compulsory, with the ability to spell without the aid of spell-check. The candidate must be comfortable with technology, specifically in the Microsoft Office arena and also with Instant Messaging. The aptitude to troubleshoot computer/printer challenges on a rudimentary level is also required. The ability to perform online research is mandatory.
Initial responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, attorney time-entry and proofreading, preparation of expense reports, documentation preparation and editing, coordinating and scheduling travel, answering phone lines, greeting visitors (as well as vendors and service providers), sorting and distributing mail and packages, purchasing office supplies, depositing checks, and handling petty cash. The candidate will support local attorneys and other members of the firm by providing assistance and support in administering both firm business and related professional and personal responsibilities.
As a boutique firm, we offer a more casual work environment than a traditional law firm, but in all our potential hires, we look for professionalism, excellent judgment, and the desire to be part of and work as a team.
Salary range is $40,000 – $50,000 annually, commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to Sheila Marie, Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing and Events Coordinator
We are seeking a marketing coordinator for our Washington, D.C. office to assist our marketing manager in all aspects of our firm’s marketing efforts and events. The candidate will manage the firm’s social media presence and assist with blog-related projects, email marketing, firm sponsorships/events, and webinars. This person should be a go-getter who wants to try new things and own projects from start to finish. Responsibilities may include:
- Creating/editing website pages, maintaining spreadsheets, and analyzing data;
- Managing the firm newsletter and constantly looking for areas of improvement;
- Interacting with firm vendors and partners; and
- Creating firm marketing materials and beautifying brochures and presentations
- College degree and experience in marketing/event planning. 1-3 years of professional or equivalent experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to work out of ZwillGen’s Washington, D.C. office
- Experience with Twitter/Hootsuite, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Strong technical skills, including working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Outstanding communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated team player who has had success participating in cross-functional teams
- Highly organized and good at managing projects in a fast-paced environment
- Someone who can track a project and provide status updates along the way
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress, Google Analytics, MailChimp
- Experience in traditional marketing or public relations
Salary is commensurate with experience plus benefits.
Send a resume and one paragraph answer to the following question: “What could you bring to the table at ZwillGen” to email@example.com.
At ZwillGen we like the work we do and we like each other. We take our work seriously but do not take ourselves too seriously. We are looking for people who feel the same way and who will both enjoy and contribute to our friendly and lively atmosphere.
We are a team. We work collaboratively and everyone pitches in on firm-related tasks, both large and small. We like self-starters who have a good sense of humor and can make (and take) a joke.
In addition to our casual dress policy, we enjoy a well stocked kitchen, spontaneous happy hours, in-house massages, firm fantasy sports leagues, and other fun firm events.