ZwillGen is a boutique law firm that offers a hard-working, positive, yet casual, work environment. We are in search of a reliable, self-confident, highly-motivated, and organized individual who will provide administrative support to the Founder of the Firm. This role offers a blend of traditional Administrative Assistant responsibilities, with the opportunity to learn and understand the law firm environment and gain exposure to cutting-edge legal work. The right candidate must be capable of functioning in a fast-paced legal environment and must demonstrate a zealous approach to internet research and problem-solving. Calendar management and scheduling are key components in this role, as is a skilled and enthusiastic approach to travel planning and coordination for multiple travelers. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. The right candidate will possess the ability to exercise an innovative (yet practical) approach to a variety of projects, with the ability to quickly adapt to new software and learn new tasks. A minimum of 3 years relevant experience is required.
- College degree and a minimum of 3-years relevant experience
- Ability to work standard business hours with some flexibility for overtime, as necessary
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Adobe, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Established ability and enthusiasm to secure cost-effective travel options for multiple travelers, via the internet
- Keen organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and aptitude for online research
Essential Job Functions
Fundamental administrative support for Firm Founder, which includes substantiated experience with such tasks as:
- Making travel arrangements for multiple travelers
- Calendar management/appointment scheduling
- Time-entry and proofing
- Navigating efficiently within Microsoft Office
- Editing of documents and internal and external communications, with strong spelling and grammar skills
This position is for our Washington, D.C. office.
Salary commensurate with experience (in the range of $45,000 to $65,000), plus benefits.
If you possess the qualifications for this job and want to join our team, apply by providing a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Privacy and Digital Media Attorney
We are a boutique Internet and technology law firm based in Washington, D.C., with a wealth of high-tech clients ranging from early-stage start-ups to household names in the tech industry. We are seeking an attorney with at least 4 years of privacy and digital media experience to join our small but growing New York office.
The position requires a highly motivated, forward-thinking individual with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team in a fast-paced legal environment. Although we achieve national accolades (e.g., Law360’s most recent Practice Groups of the Year for Privacy and Consumer Protection), we’re not BigLaw: we want attorneys who share our creative and efficient team-oriented approach to clients’ needs, and who can serve as a valued strategic counselor — not simply bill hours. In-house experience is valued; part-time schedules may be accommodated for the right candidate; more experienced attorneys are valued and welcome.
Essential Job Functions
The ideal candidate will have worked closely with clients in some (not necessarily all) of the following areas:
- Counseling digital media and ad tech/martech companies
- Counseling companies regarding federal and state privacy statutes (FTC Act, COPPA, CalOPPA, FCRA, CAN-SPAM, TCPA, ECPA, etc.)
- Reviewing, editing and/or drafting basic tech transactions or data licensing agreements
- Counseling clients on self-regulatory standards affecting online advertising
- Counseling on foreign data privacy laws, particularly regarding GDPR preparedness
Candidates should write and communicate well, be able to think strategically and assess risks, and be comfortable working under tight deadlines that start-up clients sometimes impose.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits. The position is for our New York City office.
If you are qualified and interested in this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At ZwillGen we like the work we do and we like each other. We take our work seriously but do not take ourselves too seriously. We are looking for people who feel the same way and who will both enjoy and contribute to our friendly and lively atmosphere.
We are a team. We work collaboratively and everyone pitches in on firm-related tasks, both large and small. We like self-starters who have a good sense of humor and can make (and take) a joke.
In addition to our casual dress policy, we enjoy a well stocked kitchen, spontaneous happy hours, in-house massages, firm fantasy sports leagues, and other fun firm events.