Human Resources Director or Manager
📍 Washington, DC or New York, NY
ZwillGen is a boutique law firm that represents some of the biggest names in technology on a range of Internet-related legal issues including cybersecurity, privacy, government surveillance, alternative data, and fantasy sports. We offer a hard-working, joyful, and casual work environment.
We are in search of an HR leader to plan and manage human resources programs, including benefits, personnel training and professional development, and to handle recruiting and onboarding (virtually or in IRL). The HR director will oversee employee orientations and training programs as well as the implementation of firm policies and guidelines. This individual will work with leadership to address individual and firm-wide employee needs and to manage personnel issues. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, a good problem-solver, discreet, and able to work independently with little supervision. They should understand how BigLaw works, but not be wedded to it. Creativity and a sense of vision are paramount.
- A college degree and five years of experience in human resources
- Must be able to work out of ZwillGen’s Washington D.C. or New York office eventually (consistent with new COVID-related protocols)
- Outstanding communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and a desire to innovate
- Strong computer skills and ability to use a wide variety of local and cloud-based platforms including PerformYard or similar review platforms.
- Strong problem solving skills – if you don’t know something, you’ll work to quickly figure it out
Essential Job Functions
- Process and maintain employee benefit and perk programs
- Manage recruitment, on-boarding, and termination processes
- Develop and oversee employee performance evaluations
- Draft and edit clear organization-wide policies and help ensure enforcement of established policies
- Collaborate with Firm leadership and personnel to implement pro-employee, pro-diversity and pro-inclusion policies
- Handle sensitive personnel issues
- Good sense of humor and strong knowledge of pop culture
Salary & Application