We believe the existing hourly law firm model is outdated and misaligns the interests of lawyers and their clients. Law firms should be rewarded for helping clients efficiently solve problems and discouraged from spending more time than necessary to achieve the same result. That’s why we have alternative pricing models. On every matter, our goal is to find the right pricing structure to align our incentives with your success.
We handle all of the legal work in a given area or subject matter for a monthly retainer, which we can adjust upward or downward as the work ebbs and flows.
Under this model, we take the risk that we have underestimated the time that needs to be spent. If it takes longer, you still don’t pay any more. If we are very efficient, we get the benefit of our efficiency.
Even in the simplest matters, like creating Terms and Conditions for a website, you know how to measure success, and we want to deliver that result. Accordingly, you pay us a reasonable rate or fee for the work and agree on an additional fee to be paid if we are successful, however you decide to define it.
Because we work collectively to solve your problems, nearly all of our lawyers are available for the same rate, except our Fellows. Our Fellows are one or two years out of law school and we bill them at less than half the price of an experienced attorney. They are perfect for those legal tasks you don’t want to pay a 20-year legal veteran to do, but that are more sophisticated than what a paralegal should be doing.
The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (“CRTC”) has issued guidelines for avoiding liability under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”) for assisting third parties in their violations. These guidelines and a ...Read More
The Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) recently announced a $388,000 settlement with the founder of EtherDelta, a digital “token” trading platform, for operating an unregistered cryptocurrency exchange. This is the ...Read More
- Motel 6 to Pay Plaintiffs Up To $7.6M After Voluntarily Providing Information to Law Enforcement
- Fantasy Sports Operators Achieve Big Win in Indiana Supreme Court
- Looking For Job Opportunities or Have One to Share?
- Smart TV Makers Beat VPPA and Wiretap Claims Over Viewing Info Collection
- +1 More Reason to Enhance Your Organization’s Privacy and Security Practices
- When in Doubt, Throw It Out! – Data Disposal in Colorado
- The Importance of Being Honest & Accurate in Representing your Privacy Shield Status